Sunday, May 28, 2006

Blogging on board of a plane: Lufthansa's net connection



This time I am not writing about architecture, art or history... I'll be talking, however, about the simple pleasure of surfing the net on board of a plane, tens of miles high, as I am flying from Philadelphia for a short visit to my home country Tunisia. This is possible thanks to Lufthansa's new FlyNet wireless connection in cooperation with Boeing. Transatalantic flights take obviously long (Philadelphia-Francfort: 7 hours, 35 minutes) and it's really a very nice idea especially when Lufthansa's entertainment program is not really that attractive (usually one movie + a documentary... and this time the movie is nice "Meet Dick and Jane", but I already seen it).... The prices are a little bit expensive ($26 flat rate, $9 per hour...).... But it's certainly worth it... I am looking forward for expanding this to other air lines companies... So here I am publishing a post miles above the Atlantic... Really fascinating....

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

salut! c'est la premiére fois que je viens ici!! d'ailleurs c'est le titre de ton blog qui m'as attiré l'attention! puique on partage le meme théme je t'invite à passer sur mon blog
http://artsplastiques.over-blog.net

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Tarek طارق said...

Hi... I just visited your blog... looks really interesting: art-blogging... I promise to write more on your works... Good Luck (by the way I like al-Mahdiyya: I participated in the excavations of the Fatimid Qasr and I am very well familiar with that area including the cemetery)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home